Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Accounting for Makeup


If you're like me, there's a good chance that you MIGHT forget about some of your makeup as you keep buying more and more. SO, As I'm an accountant and I like to track my purchases, I recently decided to make a makeup inventory on excel :) (nerd, much? hahaha)

This is actually a good idea, because
1) you're able to keep track of what you own before going out and able to easier identify what you "need" most.
2) It can keep you from buying multiples of things (I totally understand when things are LE, but you don't want to have 5 backup foundations, do you?)
3) It has a scary "sum" function that can get you to see how much you've spent on makeup (be warned)

SO, here's how I sorted MY makeup inventory.
1) Separate Sheets into:
FACE, EYES, LIPS, SKINCARE, BRUSHES/TOOLS, MISC. (read: nail polish)

FACE:
Foundation
Cheeks
Concealer

EYES:
Eye Liner
Mascara
Eye Shadow

LIPS:
Lipgloss,lipstick,lipstain

Skincare
Brushes

You can choose what you want your columns to be but I tended to stick with "name,color,type,brand,cost" but then for things i had multiples of I noted that, and for mascara I added "date purchased/opened", It's really good for keeping track of things!!

xoxoxoxox



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, this looks like my makeup collection EXCEPT it's taken over three boxes!! Love the idea of an inventory list!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers