Sunday, March 21, 2010

MAC Math



MAC has the awesome option buy pro palettesand fill with all of your favorites! (FYI all my prices are in Canadian!)
PROS
1) It's convenient for applying makeup, especially eyeshadow when you usually are using multiple ones at once.
2) It's easier to transport instead of having 15 awkward pots, you just have one cool
palette!
3) Price!

CONS

1) If you just need ONE color, you need to bring the entire palette.
2) You need to buy multiple pieces to justify the cost of the palette.

Alright, now I'm going to do the math.
Back2Mac Math!


You have 3 Options:

1) A 4 eyeshadow palette
Palette cost =$6

Eyeshadow pan cost = $13
Eyeshadow pot cost (reg.) = $17.50
Savings per eye shadow = $4.50

No. of eye shadows you need to buy to justify the cost = 2
Savings by filling it: $12

Cost to fill it = $58

(FYI, if you're thinking about buying 4 4 eyeshadow palettes instead of 1 15 you're total savings is $28.50, which is 22.50 LESS than the 15 palette.)





2) A 15 eyeshadow palette

Palette cost = $16.50

Eyeshadow pan cost = $13
Eyeshadow pot cost (reg.) = $17.50
Savings per eye shadow = $4.50

No. of eyeshadows you need to buy to justify the cost = 4
Savings by filling it = $51

Cost to fill it = $211.50






3) A 6 Blush palette

Palette Cost = $16.50

Blush pan cost = $22
Blush pot cost (reg.) = $18.50
Savings per blush = $3.50


No. of blushes you need to buy to justify the cost = 5
Savings by filling it = $4.50


That's right, you NEED to buy at least 5 blushes to justify the cost of having a palette. Because of this, I don't really think it's worth it. I understand the need to have multiple blushes, but at least 5? At once? Maybe it's just me, but I tend to stick with a few blushes (I usually just use ONE every day, am I a freak?) and I don't know if I need this many, and you don't save that much.

There's the math!

STAY BEAUTIFUL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers